Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

My Mother's Hat (aka Knitting Project #1)

2005/01/22

I've resisted the whole blogging thing for long enough. Main reasons were it just seemed a little to self important, but my girlfriend Kim, actually has a good idea for a blog: as an actual log of projects. Currently I have a few thing on my mind. The building of a new PC and the conversion of my existing PC to an HTPC. On the less techy front, a knitting project will likely be in the works soon. My first knitting project was a hat for my motherm which I gave her for Christmas.

Knitting Project 1.
Posted by Hello





Satisfied customer
Posted by Hello




The card reads:
"Congratulations! You've been given a Dmitri Lenna Original! It's been hand knitted with love and care by a 30 year balding man in the Northeast section of the United States. The multi-color rim is 100% Merino Virgin Wool. The red body is 55% Merino Wool, 35% Microfibre & 12% Cashmere."

2 Comments:

Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Sweetie! Yeah! You fell under the powers of the BLOG! I love the card you wrote with your note... also -- when writing in the BLOG knitting world - add the name of the yarn -- I know the Red you used was Debbie Bliss Cashmerino -- YUMMY! GOt any ideas on your next project yet?? xoxo

1/22/2005 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY. hehe. ok, so I'll admit, I was checking up on Kimmy's boyfriend to see if I approve (aren't I self-important haha) and I APPROVE! You sound like a smart and creative guy-techwise and well, geez, HUGE points for a guy who knits!!? woohoo, picturing you two knitting together is the cutest possible picture! You've got yourself one sweetheart of a girlfriend as I'm sure you know.:)
yay. I'm happy now.
-Darlene

2/24/2005 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home