Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

An HTPC conceived

2005/01/23

What's an HTPC? It's short for Home Theater PC. It's a PC that would be part of your home theater system. It could do something as simple as play MP3s on your stereo, or much much more. I got the idea of a million places, bu most recently from my friend Rick, who recently mentioned the trials and tribulations of his experiences creating one. My goal, a programmable PVR (Personal Video Recorder) with TIVO like feaures that I can then burn to DVD or copy to another machine. I would also like to play MP3s, and occassionally MAME. I know that recording an audio video input on your PC is hardly a new thing, but it's the programmable aspect of it that is going to present the challenge. So let's list out goals for this project:

An HTPC that has the following attributes:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the project, sounds like a good one!

I've never been a gamer...but I'm currently obsessing over the endless possibilities of collaboratively created virtual worlds like SecondLife.com (http://secondlife.com/islands.php)
and brainstorming with a group on what educational and interactive content we can create there.
Problem is now I definitely need a new computer. My system is Completely incapable, and my fiance's is barely making it, crashing all too often.:( ahhh technology.
-Darlene

2/24/2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home