Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

Books

2007/01/16

A couple of quick things of note: I saw this cool article on yahoo this morning which inspired today's post. I also just finished a great book called Stiff by Mary Roach. I'd heard about the book a long time ago and had pretty much forgotten about it until I saw it in the store before Christmas. I figured I'd wait until after Christmas as my mother and sister always get me good books for the holiday. Good as in critically well recieved, not always good as I enjoy them. The only thing I've asked from their books is they can't be Oprah books, and they can't have every male character being a contemptable twirp. So this year my mother got me Stiff and The Plague by Albert Camus. When I opened Stiff , she said that she'd heard it was really fascinating. I chuckled and, knowingly, asked "From who?" She couldn't remember. I decided not to remind her. I enjoyed the book quite a bit though it doesn't have a very steady pace. I found the first half of the book much more interesting than the later. Lastly: Burning Crusade is finally out. I pray I can get some more of my friends back into it. I miss playing and talking to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home