Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

A Tiny God Denied

2005/01/31

So after alot of hemming and hawing I've decided to let the tiny god remain dormant. I do want to do this project but ultimately , nVidia and ATI are pissing me off with their paper launches, and their complete ineptitude to deliver of high end product in any significant quantity to a public starving for them. I choose not to support this. When I can get the products I desire to build the machine I want to build, I will do so. This new machine is certainly not critical to my survival nor my happiness, and I will neither settle for a lower end product, nor will I pay the ridicules mark up that some e-tailers are charging for the PCIe versions of cards I would consider. I'll revisit this in late April. As I build the machine, at the same time I'll be helping a friend build his first machine. He's an accountant and will simply be wandering through TAX HELL in the mean time. When he's finished, we'll pick this back up, and see what the world looks like.

That said, work will not stop the HTPC project. No, sir, that, my friends, moves forward.

2 Comments:

Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Tag...You're it...Your Quiziness
I was tagged by Mrs. PilkingtonIt's slowly making it's way thru the blog world...

Your Quiziness
1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
2. The last CD you bought was:
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?

My own answers...Have fun!
...and I'm glad you found some encouraging words about building your HTPC this weekend!

2/01/2005 3:56 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/12/2005 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home