Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

One shall stand and one shall fall.

2005/02/13

One of my favorite movie quotes. Two points to who ever gets it. With a tiny god laid to waste, a new project shall rise to take it place. A knitting project.
I picked up some yarn at the local yarn shop, the day of the Patroit's victory. Anyway I picked up few skeins of an awesome shade (382) of Rowan 4 ply soft. They call it beetroot, I prefer to think of it as a nice Merlot color.


It's for a scarf. Originally I was going to take a pattern from a book, but after doing the test square with it, I decided not to. I'm going to try a few more test squares in a pattern I'm making up. Details, and pictures to follow once I find something I'm happy with.

So this weekend, Kim and I hit Flying Fingers Saturday morning. I picked up a set of needles, wood, number 7s, and a pattern book for sweaters, my big project for the year. The book is Arans & Celtics: The Best of Knitter's Magazine

No idea what color yet or even which pattern, but I'll get to that after I'm done with the scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Better guard that book bub!
I needs me an Aran sweater...unless of course you want to make on for me! [grin] Perhaps prject #4?
BTW - Tag - you're it... see Feb 17th on my blog! xoxo

2/17/2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home