Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

Hurts so good

2007/07/08

Habitat was great. I spent most of the day installing base board. The rest of it banging on a rock. Seriously. We were repairing several homes that had been damaged in the big storms we had a few weeks back. In the basement a rock was protruding up from the floor. Supposedly it's the top of a huge rock that was too big too move when the place was constructed. Anyway, I hated it how it was sticking out of the way so I found a mason's chisel and with a hammer banged on it. It turns out rather than being a hard piece of granite it was just some mass of sediment. It wasn't too big, the original builders were just too lazy. I broke it up enough to conceal it completely. The owner was pretty happy about that, which made me feel good. I got to meet a bunch of nice people from where I worked including a few that higher ups on another team that I have worked with before, and made a good impression. A nice bonus. My legs are still hurting from all the squatting though. It's a good pain though :-)

I still can't put down World War Z. I'm maybe 50 pages from finishing and am forcing myself to put it down today so I can work on my own place. I've still more unpacking to to, and I need to get a stud finder so I can hang some things. KK in T-4 days.

Update: busy day running errands at the usual suspects (Depot, Target, etc.) I picked up the new Linkin Park CD "Minutes to Midnight" (9.99 at Circuit City this week), and I have to pass it along as a solid purchase. I mainly picked it up for "What I've done" from the Transformers trailer and movie. and was pleasantly surprised. They apparently spent a lot more time on this album and it shows. The lyrics are actually quite good, especially "Hand Held High", a fitting song given the events of the weekend. 250 dead in Iraq and the New York Times calling
Bush's plan to stabilize Iraq, through military means, a lost cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home