Dmitri's Bucket of Projects

A log of Dmitri's various projects to capture useful information for others and himself.

Cathartic ramblings

2008/08/31

It's 5 months to the day that my Mother passed. Afterwards there was a rush to clean out the apartment, sort out who is taking what, and what's being donated. My sister and I had a healthy attitude about it and a good deal of it went to friends or friends of friends who could really use it. It's astounding when you're confronted with the problem. What do I do with a ton of plates and an eclectic collection of silverware? One of Nicole friends or a friend of a friend was moving into their first place and was broke. She was happy to take it. I didn't even know this person but it made me so happy to think this stuff was going to find a home. We ended up throwing out alot but not nearly as much as I thought we would have to. All the major pieces of furniture found a home, even the cursed coffee table. Cursed because Nicole and I hated the thing. It was older than we were, made of oak or some such heavy wood with a large glass top. The height was not like any other coffee table which may explain why Nicole and I bruised our knees on the stupid thing more times than we could count. We joked about hucking the glass and taking a saw to the wood which we'd then burn in my fireplace at Thanksgiving. :-) I was almost disappointed we didn't get to follow through on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home